|Still haven't gotten the big loom out of storage after the move, but I wanted
to weave, and this looked like a nice table loom project. I also wanted to give
overshot a try, and this was a nice small project to start with.
The overshot patterns are Star and Rose. I used the Avocado pearl cotton as the
warp, and then made a couple with that as the weft, and two more with the blue as the
weft. The major problem weaving these was trying to keep them square. There were
two more that are not shown, one because I tried using a bulky linen for the overshot,
and another that I beat too firmly with, and ended up with a small tight rectangle.
The linen was a big mistake. Maybe more because I washed it the same as the cotton, and
didn't do anything special. After washing, the linen bunched up, and pulled the pattern
in too tight. It was also very hairy looking.
The green ones will be a wedding gift for my niece. Hope she likes them.